A personal interview and visit to the school is required of all prospective students. In addition, the student must:
- Be a citizen of the United States or hold a recognized visa.
- Be beyond the compulsory school age, and not attending a school of elementary or secondary level. Must be 17 years of age at examination/licensure.
- Have a sufficient understanding of the English language, reading, writing, and speaking, which will be assessed during the entrance interview.
- Have a high school diploma or GED. If the applicant does not have a high school diploma or GED then he/she must successfully pass the Wonderlic Test entrance examination. The Wonderlic Test will be administered by an independent tester. In lieu of the WBST, if a student has met the United States Department of Education ATB requirements prior to July 1, 2012 at another institution, and can provide documentation of passing one of the following approved ATB tests: ASSET, CPAT, COMPASS, CELSA, CPT’s, DTLS, WBST, then he/she may be accepted into the program.
An applicant may enroll in the programs after the successful completion of the following criteria:
- Meet all admission requirements.
- Sign a contract/enrollment agreement with the school.
- Obtain a class start date.
*All requirements must be met prior to beginning class.
- Be at least seventeen (17) years of age and satisfying education and examination requirements.
- Twelfth-grade education (Tenth-grade prior to July 1, 2015) or equivalent.
Barber Styling Program for Licensed Cosmetologist
- The professional course in barbering requires the satisfactory completion of 750 hours training. This will entitle you to take the Tennessee State Board of Barber Examination for the Tennessee Barber License.
- Current Master Barber License holder
Students may enroll during business hours at Crown Cutz Academy.
Crown Cutz Academy hours of operation
Monday – Saturday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Begins the second Tuesday of each month.
Begin the second Thursday evening of each month.